Missionary work can be one of the most rewarding things you will ever do. There are always mission opportunities in and outside our community. Our Outreach Ministry is at work in these areas:
- The Caring Place: The Caring Place is a fun and interactive respite care center for people with Alzheimer’s and dementia. The Caring Place is always looking for volunteers to interact with the participants during their daily activities. Visit their website or call at 501.623.2881 for more information or to volunteer.
- Cooperative Christian Ministries Clinic (CCMC): Strives to improve the quality of life of the needy of the Hot Springs area. They provide general medical care to the uninsured, also dental and vision, serving as an advocate for the needy. Visit their website to learn more.
- Jackson House: The Jackson House of Hot Springs gives assistance to individuals & families in crisis. They serve a hot lunch every day at noon. To learn more and to volunteer, visit their website.
- United Methodist Committee On Relief (UMCOR): UMCOR responds to natural or civil disasters that are interruptions of such magnitude that they overwhelm a community's ability to recover on its own. Visit their website for more information.
- Jones Mill Project: The Jones Mill Project is an interdenominational ministry serving the Jones Mill Community located outside of Hot Springs.
- Habitat for Humanity: Habitat for Humanity International is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian organization dedicated to eliminating substandard housing and homelessness worldwide and to making adequate, affordable shelter a matter of conscience and action. Visit their website.
- Teen Challenge: Teen Challenge is a provider of recovery services for those who desire to transform their lifestyle and develop a new life free from the devastation of drug and alcohol abuse. Visit their website to learn more.
- Samaritan Ministries: Samaritan Ministries is a shelter and resource center for the homeless in Hot Springs. Visit their website to learn more or to volunteer.
- Rio Bravo Mission Trips: A group consisting of Methodists from all over the central Arkansas region travels to Rio Bravo, Mexico for construction and dental mission work once a year. For information and dates of our next trip, contact Candy Poirier at 501.623.6668.
There are so many opportunities within the church to get connected. Contact the church office to connect to any of these ministries at 501.623.6668.
- Knit Wits: The Knitwits invite all, young or old, who would like to learn to quilt, knit, crochet, and embroider to their gatherings. Excellent mentors area available for one on one instruction. The group is currently providing prayer shawls and baby blankets for the church’s prayer ministry and jaunty hats for those undergoing chemotherapy. The Knit Wits meet on the second Wednesday of every month at 1:00 pm in Christian Life Center Room 205.
- Bus & Van Drivers: We always need new volunteer bus and van drivers to transport adults and children for different occasions and on Sunday mornings. You must either have CDL or be willing to get one to drive the bus. Contact the church office if you are interested at 501.623.6668.
- Greeters: Volunteer to greet guests and members on Sunday mornings at all three services. Contact Candy Poirier at 501.623.6668 ext. 117 to sign up.
- Ushers: Volunteer to usher in one of the three Sunday morning services at 8:15 in the Sanctuary and 10:45 in the Christian Life Center. Contact Candy Poirier at 623-6668 ext. 117 to be a part of this ministry.
- Bereavement Meals: Volunteer to supply a dish or help with funeral receptions at the Christian Life Center. Contact Candy Poirier 501.623.6668 ext 117.
- Prayer Team: The Prayer Team meets every Wednesday at 4:45 pm in the Christian Life Center Parlor. The Prayer Team receives the prayer concerns of our church and community. The team also prays over prayer shawls given to those who are sick or hurting, jaunty hats for those undergoing chemotherapy, and baby shawls for babies and young children being baptized. For more information, contact Rev. Teresa Holt at 501.623.6668. ext 116 or by email. To share a prayer concern (confidentiality is kept) with the team, send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Care of the Campus Grounds: Participate in taking care of the plants and other landscaping, and general maintenance of the buildings on campus. Contact Director of Operations Larry Barnes at 501.623.6668 ext. 112 to volunteer.
- Communion Servers: Serve communion in any of the three services at 8:15 in the Sanctuary or 10:45 in the Sanctuary and the Christian Life Center on Sunday mornings. Call the church office at 501.623.6668 to sign up.
- Adult Discipleship: Lead Bible studies or small groups on Sundays or throughout the week. Contact Rev. Teresa Holt at 501.623.6668 ext. 116 or by email for upcoming studies.
- Seasonal Volunteers: Decorate the church for Christmas and help with special programs during Christmas and Easter. Contact Candy Poirier at 501.623.6668 ext. 117.
- If you would like to volunteer to run the sound board or other technical support in the Sanctuary or Christian Life Center, contact Timothy Tucker at by email.
Our children and youth ministries are ever growing and ever changing. To keep up with the demand, we are always looking for volunteers to work in various capacities in both of our young ministries.
Contact Children's Ministry Director Michelle Wilkins at 501.623.6668 ext. 130 for more information on any of these positions.
- Volunteer to teach Pre-K through 5th grade Sunday School classes on Sunday mornings
- Be a bus chaperone for Wednesday Afternoon Kids (WAK)
- Lead a classroom during WAK
- Be a staff member of Vacation Bible School during the summer
- Be an Early Christian Awareness teacher of children from 6 months to 36 months at 9:30 am on Sundays
- Assemble Children's Sanctuary Sacks once a week
- Volunteer to assist in the Open Hearts Class for children who have special needs on Sunday mornings at 9:30 am
Underground Youth Ministry
Contact Youth Director Forest Turner, Jr at 501.623.6668 ext. 131 for more information on any of these opportunities.
- Be a small group leader for any grade on Sunday mornings or Wednesday evenings
- Serve as a Youth Counselor on mission trips
- Serve on the Parent Advisory Council
Langston Elementary School
Contact Children's Ministry Director Michelle Wilkins at 501.623.6668 ext. 130 for more information on how to help at Langston.
No experience is needed and there is no teaching involved! The students at Langston Elementary School in Hot Springs just need caring adults who will be there to listen and to talk to them about how things are going in their lives. Research confirms what we instinctively know to be true – that a caring adult can make a big difference in a child's future. Mentors serve as role models, advocates, friends and advisors. Studies show that mentors help children augment social skills and emotional well-being, improve cognitive skills and plan for the future. Mentoring also results in better attendance at school, lowers dropout rates and decreases involvement with drugs and violent behavior.